Hurricane Ian was one of the worst hurricanes to hit Cape Coral in recent years. Many homeowners were left with a tough decision to make: rebuild their home or start from scratch and buy a new one. There are pros and cons to both options, and it's important to weigh all of your options before making a decision. Here's a look at some of the key considerations for each option.
Rebuilding your home
- You already know the neighborhood and location you want to be in.
- You may have emotional attachments to your home.
- Rebuilding is often cheaper than buying a new home.
- It can be easier to get the necessary permits to rebuild than it is to build a new home from scratch.
- Rebuilding can take longer than expected, which means you may have to live in temporary housing for an extended period of time.
- The cost of rebuilding can quickly escalate if you run into any unforeseen problems.
- There's always the possibility that your rebuilt home may not meet current building codes and standards.
If you decide to rebuild, our sister company Genesis Contractor can help you do just that.
Buying a new home
- You'll have a fresh start in a new home that meets all current building codes and standards.
- You'll be able to choose the exact features and layout that you want in your new home.
- Buying a new home is often quicker than rebuilding, which means you can move into your new place sooner.
- Buying a new home typically costs more than rebuilding.
- You may have to compromise on your desired location if you're unable to find a suitable vacant lot in your preferred neighborhood.
- Starting from scratch means you'll have to do all the research on builders, get bids, pull permits, etc., which can be time-consuming and stressful."
If you decide to go with a new home, check out the houses we are building in Cape Coral that will be ready in just a few months.
The Options And How We Can Help You
Choose Between Rebuilding Your Home or Buying a New One in Cape Coral After Hurricane Ian
Ultimately, the decision of whether to rebuild or buy after Hurricane Ian comes down to a matter of personal preference. There are pros and cons to both options, so it's important to weigh all of your options before making a decision."
The good news is that whether you are rebuilding or buying something new, we can help you. We're even helping people rebuild with Genesis Contractor so they can sell with one of our realtor partners and buy a new home we are building by getting pre-qualified with our preferred lenders.